Wednesday, June 25, 2008

one day at a time

i always thought being a full time mom would entail no sweat. it'll be easy as just taking care of two kids and doing the household chores, i was totally wrong.

i quit my work before giving birth to my daughter. i've always wanted to be a full time mom, i wanted to be at the beck and call of my kids. fortunately, hubby gave his go signal for me to try it and see how it goes.  

i am now on my 6th month as a full time mom, still struggling to find the balance between not having a career and at the same time being able to take care of my kids. it was not an easy decision for me to quit my job as i have been working for so long, i can't imagine being out of work and without money. peer pressure, the thought of not being able to return to workforce should i wish to work again, and of course finances are tipping off the balance. also, i never imagined it would be hard to take care of one's own kids (especially if yours' is as naughty as my macoy), the household chores will pile up to a mountain, the dead air inside the house when no adult except me is around. 

but on the plus side, i am getting to know my kids better. i am there when they need me, i am personally taking care of their needs. we laugh together at silly things, sing silly songs, dance like crazy inside the house. also, i am the one who sees the many firsts of my daughter, her first smile, first laugh, first word and many more firsts to come.

sometimes, i still miss the hustle and bustle of work, but when i see my kids smile at me i feel fortunate that i am able to be a full time mom to them. 

it is not easy to be a full time mom but i don't have regrets...i love my job now and i'm not planning to resign soon. there are crazy days when i just want to quit but i am just going to take it one day at a time. enjoy the moment with my kids.

p.s.  thanks dadi 

2 comments:

Jeanny said...

hmmmm...I am imagining right kung ano ka ngayon...i mean not physically ha, alam ko naman pretty ka (gaya ko hehehe). I mean how are you as a Stay-at home-mom. Looking back, your one astig designer I know, hehehehe. Eh ang boyish mo kaya noon but look at you right now, motherhood indeed changes one's life noh. Hmmm...sana soon I'll experience motherhood too :)

tc kapatid.

RheaG said...

haha..d ako astig na designer astig lng kumilos :)

oo nga no..parang iba na ako ngayon compared before d ko nga din maimagine na magiging momi ako and fulltime mom pa!

i know you're going to be a great mom too!!!